Thursday, July 30, 2009

Get excited, breakfast fanatics! We have another Guest Host joining us today, all the way from the glamorous suburbs of Chicago! It is my pleasure to introduce today's guest committee member, Jordan S:
Jordan has the distinction of being the very first person to send in a What Is Breakfast query that actually turned out to be Breakfast. He has also personally taken Co-Chair Jessy to many excellent Breakfast Joints in the greater Chicago area. (Did you know that they have a great pancake place there? You might have heard of it. It's international. Kind of a house of sorts.) You can look for him and his hot, breakfast-eating fiancee as co-chairs of the upcoming, much-anticipated What Is A Date Committee.
Now that Jordan's impressive credentials have earned him your unwavering trust and loyalty, let's get to a query that has been oh-so-patiently waiting for a response...


Dear Esteemed community of breakfasters,


My mother gives me gifts in the form of Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars
quite often. I liked them at first but quickly tired of them. (CONFESSION: I don't even eat breakfast anymore!) Now I give them away to guests and even bring them to parties sometimes in the effort to rid myself of them. Despite my efforts there remains a sizable pile of boxes in my pantry.

It has occurred to me that I could tell my mother that I don't like them anymore, but if they are truly breakfast bars I feel I should continue to indulge her in the hopes that one day I might actually eat breakfast.

So, prodigious bread-breakers, can you tell me if Nature Valley Crunchy
Granola Bars are indeed breakfast?

Sinceviously,
Conscientious in Concord


Jessy: I'm going to have to say that a Nature's Valley Crunchy Granola Bar is Breakfast. However, I would like Conscientious to be aware that nothing-for-breakfast is Not Breakfast. Also, the half of the committee that has been to Conscientious's apartment would like to know why they were never offered a Nature's Valley Crunchy Granola Bar. How far does this anti-breakfast prejudice extend?

Final vote: Breakfast.


Jordan: It's Breakfast, but might require an early lunch.

Final vote: Breakfast.


The Committee's Final Decision Is:

Nature's Valley Crunchy Granola Bar is Breakfast. Nothing is Not Breakfast.

3 comments:

Leftover Valentine's said...

i am very satisfied with this conclusion.

Leftover Valentine's said...

also, is "what is a date" really happening? that's an interesting idea.

jls said...

i want it to really happen, but my sphere of influence is limited. so, we'll see.